See Rome like an insider
Daphne is owned and managed by Elyssa and Alessandro, a young couple from Florida, USA and Rome, Italy, respectively.
Because we hope you will love Rome as we do, we will give you the opportunity to see Rome like an insider.
We go over the map of Rome with you and give you suggestions for how best to use your time here, whether it's three days or two weeks. We know what it feels like to come to Rome as a first-time visitor, or as someone who's been several times and wants to see some things most people don't get to in their first visit.
We love food, history, art and shopping, and have plenty of advice about any of those things for those who ask. In addition to giving you advice on the best routes to follow in the city, we will tell you about our favorite restaurants, gelato (ice cream), coffee, and wine bars; we can tell you where to see Caravaggio, Michelangelo and Bernini, and how to get to the Prada outlet near Florence, if you like.
It is our pleasure to help you with things like booking tours, getting train schedules and even your train tickets, giving you suggestions for places outside of Rome to visit, finding out about current sports or music events in Rome, etc.We give you a cell phone to use during your stay (you pay only for calls you make.) You are welcome to call us from wherever you are and ask for help or suggestions at any time.
We do these things because we enjoy helping, and we like to share our enthusiasm for all the things we love in Rome. We do not receive favors from any of the shops or restaurants we suggest.Customer service is our highest priority. Please let us know if there is anything you need to make your stay more enjoyable and we will do our best to accommodate you.
We will be happy to provide the following services at no charge:
- Customized itineraries for Rome, or other parts of Italy, to suit your tastes and schedule
- Tour bookings (see FAQ page for more details)
- Assistence with flight confirmations, train schedules and train reservations
- Museum bookings, and assistance with theater, ballet, symphony, and opera bookings, when available
- Hotel bookings for other parts of your European trip
- Restaurant reservations (we can recommend many types of restaurants at all price levels)
- Vatican bookings, including Wednesday papal audience, Christmas and Easter Mass, and visits to St. Peter's tomb and the Vatican gardens
- Shopping recommendations